Level transmitters are used to determine the level of a certain bulk-solid or liquid at any given time. They are instruments that provide constant level measurement.
Cloud computing companies are a booming innovation. Businesses large and small are finding ways to use these services to save money and streamline the customer experience. With a number of cloud computing companies providing a plethora of services, there is something for everyone.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing (or cloud storage), is the process of storing data online and it is gaining in popularity for several reasons. It is a secure way to store information, data is password protected, it can be easily shared with others, it can’t get lost, damaged or stolen and it takes up no physical space on your computer.
Until now, data was stored physically on discs, hard drives or flash drives. The downside to this is that it takes up space to store the info, there is always the risk of materials getting lost, damaged or stolen and if you want to share it you have to make copies and somehow safely get it to another person at a different location.
There are many benefits that cloud computing companies offer, including:
• Cloud storage offers you as much or as little space as you need-and you only pay the host for what you use. This saves you money and is great for businesses that may require more space, say, at busy times of the year and less space in off-season times.
• Any required maintenance is taken care of by the host, so you don’t need a large IT department.
• Access your files any time from any device
• You may get access to documents, programs, templates and other applications provided by the host company. The main benefit of this is that you don’t have to download anything on your computer…it’s all on the host’s site. This saves space on your PC while everything you need is just a click away.
• Password-protect specific files and folders to keep them private and share them with only those you choose to.
How do I get started?
To take advantage of cloud computing, you must first decide on a host. This is the cloud computing company that will build, maintain and protect the ‘cloud’ where your information will be stored. Cloud computing companies offer a wide array of services and can range greatly in price. Some are free, some are as little as $1 a month and still others can charge over $50 a year. It is important to choose the host that is right for your business.
Here are the 5 most popular cloud computing companies:
Google Drive-Google’s service is free for the first 15GB of space. Also, it not only stores your data, but also offers you the option to create, edit, store and share images, music, files and forms. It can be used with Google Docs-easy-to-use templates to help you create the best documents.
DropBox-They have a free and paid version. Dropbox is super secure and you can give password-protected access to specific folders to select people so they see only what they need to see and nothing else. Live chat and phone support take the guesswork out of setting up your site.
JustCloud-Offering free and paid accounts-as little as $3.95 a month-this company offers easy drag and drop customization, bank-grade encryption and the ability to sync multiple computers so you have 100% access to your files, all the time.
Level Transmitters are different to level switches, which only sound an alarm when the level of material reaches a predetermined level. Below are the different kinds of level transmitters available.
Types of level transmitters and how they operate-
There are six main types of level transmitters. Each of these transmitters work in different ways, making them useful for a number of different types of processes.
1. Radar fill level transmitters, use radio wave emissions just like radars. Usually, these devices are mounted at or near the top of a tank filled with a liquid. The transmitter itself sends out a radar signal into the liquid in the tank and receives a reflection of that signal. The transmitters will then accurately calculate the current fill level of the tank based on how long it takes the transmitted signal to return.
2. Ultrasonic level transmitter, which acts in a manner similar to the non-contact radar fill level transmitters. With this transmitter, an ultrasonic transducer mounted to or near the top of the container sends out an ultrasonic pulse. When the pulse hits the surface of the liquid, it is reflected, and the sensor calculates fill level based on the time between the pulse and the return signal.
3. Guided Microwave Level Transmitters, this type of level transmitter works by sending a microwave or electromagnetic pulse through a sensor rod/cable. When the signal hits the surface of the liquid, it travels back up the sensor rod and back to the transmitter housing. The electronics are integrated into the transmitter housing, which determine the filling level from the time taken for the signal to travel down the sensor rod and back up again. The value is then shown in the display of the transmitter. This type of level transmitter is suitable for liquids, and is used in industrial applications in all areas of process technology.
4. Magnetic Level Transmitters, use a small, magnetic object suspended in a buoyant float. This is normally inside a narrow auxiliary column, in order to restrict any lateral movement of the the float. While the float sits on top of the liquid, a different magnetic device measures the movement of the float. This allows an accurate, consistent fill level to be transmitted. This method is useful for continuous measurement, due to the float’s tendency to rise or sink in harmony with the level of liquid.
5. Capacitance Level Transmitters, take their name from capacitors. In other words, the electrical circuit element that temporarily stores energy for a circuit to use. Capacitors store energy between two insulated electrodes. A non-conductive medium is placed between the two electrodes to help store electrical charge. The more dielectric the medium, the more energy can be stored. So capacitance level transmitters therefore use the liquid in a tank as a dielectric medium between two or more electrodes.
6. Hydrostatic Level Transmitters, also known as pressure level transmitters, essentially determine a container’s fluid contents by measuring the pressure of the resting body of fluid within it. The bigger the force of the liquid, the bigger the volume of fluid inside the container. This is one of the most common types of fill level detection devices. It is crucial that the liquid’s density remains constant to ensure accurate measurement. As the liquid’s gravity increases, the pressure per cubic inch exerted on the transmitter also rises.